Sex and the City really did give us some of the best life lessons about fashion, love, sex and friendship. Whatever your life situation, there is a Sex and the City quote to sit right alongside it. We often find ourselves still quoting some of the most iconic lines from the most outlandish, funny situations.
As a celebration of all things Sex and the City we collated 20 of the best quotes about fashion, sex, love and friendship that we think you need a re cap on. From Samantha's funny, blunt views on relationships to Carrie's heartfelt thoughts about life and love.
1. ‘Being single used to mean that nobody wanted you. Now it means you’re pretty sexy and you’re taking your time deciding how you want your life to be and who you want to spend it with.’ -Carrie
Find the perfect sexy single outfit here.
2. ‘F*ck me badly once, shame on you. F*ck me badly twice, shame on me.’ -Samantha
3. ‘You and I are like that red wall. It’s a good idea in theory, but somehow it doesn’t quite work.’ -Carrie
4. ‘Oh my God! Do you know what these are? Manolo Blahnik Mary Janes! I thought these were an urban shoe myth!’ - Carrie
Find your dream footwear here.
5. ‘I feel the same way about being a bridesmaid as you feel about Botox. Painful and unnecessary.’ -Samantha
6. ‘I like my money where I can see it – hanging in my closet.’ -Carrie
Find new items for your closet bank here!
7. ‘I couldn’t understand a word she was saying, but I felt I had in my possession all the Italian I’d ever need to know: Dolce, Dolce, Dolce.’ -Carrie
8. ‘I used to think those people who sat alone at Starbucks writing on their laptops were pretentious posers. Now I know: They are people who have recently moved in with someone.’ -Carrie
9. ‘I’m looking for love. Real love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can’t-live-without-each-other love.’ -Carrie
10. ‘Men cheat for the same reason that dogs lick their balls… because they can.’ -Samantha
11. ‘I’m a 34-year-old woman with braces and I’m on a liquid diet. Pain doesn’t begin to cover it.’ -Miranda
12. ‘I suggested he have a tomato salad, then I suggested we get married.’ -Charlotte
13. ‘I love you, but I love me more’ -Samantha
14. ‘Your good friend Miranda has just taken a piece of cake out of the garbage and eaten it. You will probably need this information when you check me into the Betty Crocker Clinic.’-Miranda
15. 'I revealed too much too soon. I was emotionally slutty.' -Carrie
16. ‘I save my carbs for wine, it's called priorities.’ -Carrie
17. ‘I will not be judged by you or society. I will wear whatever and blow whomever I want as long as I can breathe—and kneel.’ -Samantha
18. ‘Sometimes we need to stop analysing the past, stop planning the future, stop figuring out precisely how we feel, stop deciding exactly what we want, and just see what happens’ -Carrie
19. ‘I will never be the woman with the perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it.’ -Carrie
20. ‘The good ones screw you, the bad ones screw you, and the rest don't know how to screw you.’ - Samantha